How to Reduce & Prevent Bruising:
Have you ever received Botox or Fillers and experienced bruising after the treatment? Do you simply want to avoid the possibility all together? Well, let’s go over a few things first.
Under the skin there is a freeway of veins and arteries! No matter how skilled your injector is, it’s very difficult to avoid bruising when having fillers and/or neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) injected. It is actually rare that a patient doesn’t bruise. FDA studies have been conducted were some of the most experience injectors in the world still had an average of 60% of patients bruise. This only further demonstrates that bruising is common among even the best of the best.
That being said, there is always things we can do to help reduce the risk of bruising. We will give you the best tips and tricks below!
7 Tips to Reduce the Chance of Bruising:
- Tell your injector about ALL prescription and over the counter medications, vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements you are currently taking.
- Avoid the following for 1-2 weeks before your procedure, as they are known to increase the risk of bruising:
- Fish oils/omega-3 fatty acids
- Nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen sodium (Advil, Mortin, Aleve)
- Vitamin E
- Garlic supplements
- Ginko biloba
- St. John’s Wort
- Do not consume any alcoholic beverages including wine, beer, or liquor at least one day before and after your procedure. Consumption of alcohol can cause your blood vessels to dilate and increase the risk of bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid strenuous workout immediately before and 24-48 hours after your procedure.
- Apply ice as pre and post treatment for up to 48 hours after.
- Begin using oral bruise supplements and/or topical bruise gel as directed by your physician.
- Apply warm compresses and light massage after 48 hours (for filler ONLY, do NOT massage neuromodulators) to help increase blood flow to speed the fading of bruise discoloration.
- Dermal Filler & Toxin Injections
- Laser & RF Treatments
- Other Plastic & Cosmetic Procedures
What we Recommend:
We want to help guide you through your procedure as effortlessly as possible. However, up until now, we never carried bruising supplements (protocol 6) to help with post-procedure recovery. So we are happy to announce that ZONA now carries Silagen’s Arnica-Bromelain Complex, right here in office for your convenience. These supplements are the extra insurance to help prevent bruising. These help more than just bruising; formulated for maximum efficacy in reducing any potential bruising, swelling, pain and to promote healing. All you have to do is take 1 tablet twice daily starting the day of your treatment. Silagen is all natural, vegan, and gluten free!
Again,please remember that bruising is extremely common with these type of procedures. Following these tips should help promote a speedy recovery!
For More Information: