This meal comes together in three easy parts. One, toss the broccoli in the oven and roast it. Two, whisk together an amazing sesame-peanut sauce. Three, quickly stir-fry sliced steak and then toss everything together in a bowl. Yum.
The sweet and salty sesame-peanut sauce is what makes this a favorite beef and broccoli recipe. The sauce is addictively good—and versatile. Drizzle it over beef, chicken and salmon, or over grilled and roasted vegetables, sautéed greens, and rice or cauliflower rice. The peanut sauce can be thinned out with coconut milk to create a creamy salad dressing, and if you like spicy, go ahead and add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
The sesame-peanut sauce is rich with nutty flavor and has a thick, creamy consistency. The recipe doesn’t make a huge amount of sauce, because a little bit goes a long way. Enjoy every bite – moderate amounts of peanut butter can be a healthy part of a solid diet, lifestyle and exercise program. http://ift.tt/2oFLzEB
Recipe Note: This recipe can also be made with boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
Time in the Kitchen: 45 minutes
Beef and Broccoli
- 1 ½ pounds sirloin steak, thinly sliced (or boneless, skinless chicken thighs not sliced) (680 g)
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup Primal Kitchen® Avocado Oil (divided) (15 ml + 60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (15 ml)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (80 ml)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large heads broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon tahini (15 ml) http://ift.tt/2AIYZTt
- 1/4 cup unsalted, unsweetened peanut butter (60 g)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (15 ml)
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated (2.5 cm)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon warm water (15 ml)
Preheat oven to 425 ºF/218 ºC.
In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons avocado oil, plus rice vinegar, coconut aminos, and garlic. Pour over steak (or chicken). Let marinate while preparing the rest of the recipe (or marinate several hours, if there’s time).
Lightly coat the broccoli with the remaining ¼ cup avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer on a rimmed sheet pan. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, until broccoli is tender and deeply browned around the edges.
If using chicken, place the chicken thighs on a separate rimmed baking sheet, or in a 9-inch baking dish. Roast 25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 ºF.
To make the sesame-peanut sauce, whisk together tahini, peanut butter, coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and water until smooth (for a thinner sauce, add more water or coconut milk). Set aside.
To cook the steak, first remove the meat from the marinade. Heat a wok or wide skillet with a drizzle of oil. When the oil is hot, add the meat in small batches, browning 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
Toss together the cooked meat and roasted broccoli. Drizzle sesame-peanut sauce on top. Enjoy!