A Timeline for Pre-Wedding Skincare
We recently had a bride come to us seeking pre-wedding skincare prep. This got me thinking, the brides-to-be beauty regimen must be a long and slightly overwhelming journey. There is so much that goes into the nitty-gritty of looking fantastic on your big day; the best hair, skin, brows and nails. It’s easy to get lost in all of it. Therefore, I have complied a list of treatments our Esthetician and laser tech highly recommends when getting your wedding day bridal beauty routine in order.
One Year Out:
- First off, if your at-home skincare is nonexistent or not working for you, find a reputable Esthetician (Hint-hint: ZONA Med Spa’s Esthetician) so they can assess your complexion’s current state and then create a game plan leading up to the big day. Medical grade cleansers, retinol, and antioxidants should definitely be in your daily routine.
- Regular facial treatments are next. Think of them as the glue that holds all of your at-home skincare efforts together. Voice your skin goals and needs so that the cleanser and masks are customized to you. Experienced Estheticians, like ours, will massage your scalp, décolletage and hands to stimulate blood circulation and keep your skin looking healthy. Steam and extractions should also be included to get all the impurities out of your pores.
- One year out is also the time to think about laser hair removal; as it typically takes six sessions spaced six weeks apart to see more permanent results. Think about it, the last thing you want to be worrying about is shaving and razor bumps on the big day or even leading up to the big day.
- Before the age of Microblading, brides would have to opt for tweezing and waxing. However, Microblading has become extremely popular in the last year or two and it has changed the eyebrow game forever. Instead of being stuck with your current brow shape, Microblading can completely transform them. We highly recommend Megan Foster for her “less is more” attitude and nursing background. Click here for her website!
6 Months Out:
- Of course everyone is different and we, ZONA Med Spa, would create a comprehensive plan customized to you but this is the time to start thinking about more “advanced” skincare treatments. Things such as: IPL Photofacials, Chemical Peels, Microneedling, and HydraFacials.
- Photofacials are amazing for anyone worried about sun spots, redness, and/or hyper-pigmentation.
- Chemical Peels exfoliate dead skin cells and help new healthy skin cells rise to the surface.
- Microneedling reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, and generally creates a fresher appearance or glow to the skin.
- HydraFacials are highly recommended for every bride as it is effective for all skin types. It is like an updated Microdermabrasion in the sense that its exfoliates all while infusing hydrating and anti-aging serums into the skin.
3 Months Out:
- Injectables are also an unprecedented anti-aging tool. Think about it, all those pictures capture every expression throughout the night. If wrinkles aren’t one of the things you want to be seeing, Botox and/or Fillers should be considered. Botox/Dysport will erase all the wrinkles from your forehead, crows feet, and even can give you a brow lift. Fillers are also a great idea if you want to fill in deeper wrinkles or enhance a feature or two. A little plump to the lips or tear trough filler can have you looking refreshed yet still natural.
- Depending on how your skin has reactive to the other HydraFacials, get your last treatment a week or two before the big day. This will have you looking glowy and refreshed!
- Two weeks before your wedding day is the perfect time to get a quick touch up of Botox if need be.
Not to be biased, but heading to ZONA Med Spa is definitely the way to go! We can take care of your skincare, injectables, and laser hair removal needs all in one place. The last step, try to relax and enjoy your big day!
For More Information: